For Health Care Professionals
Elizabeth P. Perez is Of Counsel in the Fort Lauderdale office of Broad and Cassel. She is a member of the Firm's Commercial Litigation, Health Law and White Collar Defense and Compliance Practice Groups.
- Ms. Perez has a broad background in criminal law, litigation and health care and is uniquely qualified to represent health care clients in a wide range of matters, including criminal investigations, commercial and civil litigation and administrative proceedings. She also has extensive experience handling commercial, business and contractual disputes, business transactions and family law matters.
- In the area of health care, Ms. Perez has been involved in major litigation and arbitration matters, including the representation of hospitals and other health care providers in multi-million dollar disputes with managed care payors, as well as disputes between health care providers.
- Ms. Perez also has extensive experience representing health care providers with Medicare and Medicaid issues, including reimbursement, overpayment, provider revocations, suspension hearings and prepayment reviews. She has represented clients in administrative proceedings at the state and federal level.
- She began her career in the Public Defenders Office, 11th Judicial Circuit of Florida, and later spent more than six years in private practice before joining Broad and Cassel. Her experience includes representing clients facing state and federal criminal charges and investigations, including white collar criminal and quasi-criminal cases and cases alleging health care fraud, as well as other state and federal crimes. Her experience covers all aspects of criminal defense, from bond hearings through trial, sentencing and post conviction hearings. She has brought more than 50 trials to verdict.
- Ms. Perez was recently named a "Top Up and Comer" in the 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 South Florida Legal Guide.
- Florida State University College of Law, Tallahassee, Florida
- J.D. - 1998
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida
- B.A. - 1994
- The Domino Effect: Tougher Medicare Regulations Have Far-Reaching Implications for Florida Physicians South Florida Hospital News and Healthcare Report - February 2016
- Criminal Law
- Health Care
- Public Defenders Office, 11th Judicial Circuit of Florida
- Torchbearer Leadership Award
- Recipient of the Florida Education Fund Minority Participation in Legal Education Scholarship
- Named a 2010-2014 "Top Up and Comer" and a 2015 and 2016 "Top Lawyer" by the South Florida Legal Guide.
- Florida, 1999
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- Dade County Bar Association
- Cuban American Bar Association, Member
- American Health Lawyer's Association, Member
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- Leadership Miami Class of 2006